Figuring out data center power capacity can be a huge challenge so it didn’t surprise us that our most popular download of 2015 is our Circuit Power Chart.
Matching the power requirements of each rack to the colocation or in-house data center’s available power circuits is tricky at best.
Here are a few tips:
- Right-size your rack power design to fall within common circuit capacities.
- Choose a larger circuit size to eliminate the need for more than 2 power strips per rack.
- Look into 3phase circuits.
- Utilitze intelligent power strips and monitoring software to monitor the usage of power over time and to warn of potential capacity issues.
- Get a 3rd Party to sanity check your design before circuits are ordered (Hint: we can help!)