Data Center Relocation & Data Center Migration
Trust the Experts
Trusting the experts for a data center migration and data center relocation will save your business time and money, and ensure that your assets stay protected.
There are several reasons for a data center migration or a data center relocation:
- Needing Space to Expand
- Data Center Capacity Planning/Increasing Power Capacity
- Better Cooling Capacity
- Data Center Consolidation
- Increasing Security
- Higher Costs of Doing Business in the Region
- Needing Higher Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Increased Connectivity Requirements
Whatever the reason for your move, Instor’s Data Center Relocation and Data Center Migration Services have you covered every step of the way.
Instor’s team of experts consults with our clients and knows what questions to ask to find a solution that best suits their individual needs. If improvements in infrastructure will solve the problem, then we use our Data Center Fit Up expertise to address those issues. If a data center relocation is the better solution, then we make a comprehensive data center relocation project plan.
Most data center moving projects are a combination of both data migration and IT equipment relocations.
One step of moving your data is data migration. Our experts will determine the best data center migration strategy for your space. During a migration, a parallel or mirrored computing environment is established. Virtual assets are inventoried and systematically replicated and/or moved to the mirrored location. On the move day, traffic is rerouted to the new location.
The old equipment can either be decommissioned or left active and used as a secondary site to provide redundancy/disaster recovery site. For other businesses, one of the benefits of data center consolidation (through relocation) is eliminating multiple sites of operation.
The other part of the move is a relocation where all the equipment inventoried and documented. Our experts will customize a data center relocation plan for your space. After careful planning, IT equipment is uninstalled at the original location. The equipment is carefully packed to be transported. The equipment is physically moved to another location where it is reinstalled and uptime is restored.
Not all moving projects follow exactly as planned. Instor’s data migration and data center relocation services include a series of project checkpoints with escalation management, having delegated roles and responsibilities. When these checkpoints are reached, the project is evaluated using a “go” or “no-go” strategy.
When the checkpoint is reached, the project is re-evaluated. If there are any issues that prevent successfully completing the next step, they are solved before the project continues. If a complication arises to prevent a project from being successful or financially responsible, we stop the project and consider other options. These checkpoints allow for a smoother move without an unexpected loss of uptime.
Data Center Migration and Relocation Projects Include:
- Provisioning the Destination Site: The new is optimized with cooling, powering, and any other infrastructure provisions that are needed.
- Professional Mounting of Destination Equipment: All servers, network switches, and IT equipment is professionally racked and stacked and cabled.
- Discovery and Documentation: All apps, databases and virtual assets and physical assets are inventoried, oenumerated, and documented using data migration tools.
- Analysis of Dependencies: All apps, databases, and IT Equipment dependencies are documented using data migration tools to provide a streamlined data migration.
- Data Replication and Database Migration Strategy: Once the dependencies are discovered, the data is clustered and replicated into the parallel IT equipment in the new space.
- Application and Network Environment Freeze Dates: A moving date is established and no further changes are made to the network environment or any applications until after the move is finished.
- Test Moves/Test Network: The network is shut down and tested to address any tech changes made before, during, and after migration.
- Cutover of Virtual Assets: All traffic is redirected to the replicated environment.
- Physical Move of Custom Assets: The remaining data that couldn’t be migrated or replicated is physically moved into the new space.
- Fully Documented Report of New Equipment Layout and Cable Runs: All equipment and assets are documented with serial numbers recorded and cable runs listed.
- Proper Shutdown/Decommissioning/Redeployment of Old Equipment: Plans for the old equipment are carried out to complete the project.
- 100% Satisfaction Provided at Project Completion: We ensure that you are completely satisfied with our services at the end of your project.
- Beginning to End Insurance Available: With some of the industry’s highest coverages to protect your equipment.
In addition to providing complete Data Center Migration and Relocation services, Instor also provides comprehensive site preparation with our Data Center Fit Up services to optimize your space.
Our Data Center Fit Up Services:
Network / Connectivity Solutions